Sunday, December 5, 2010

Food Update

I brought a pack of Pick N Pay Ginger Biscuits on the plane with me, hoping that they'd last until we landed in Denver. I've never been particularly fond of ginger, but for some reason, I'm now completely in love with the sharp spicy sweetness of these biscuits. I opened the pack on the flight from DC to Denver, and between the two of us, they were gone before the stewardess could make a round with the drink cart.

I found South African wine at King Soopers. While I'm not entirely sure why King Soopers is selling wine, I'm not complaining (at least, not yet). I didn't find any of the labels that I was seeking, but I found one that was familiar and another that was $5. So of course, I bought them both.
It's going to be interesting to try and find the wines I want here. Hmm....however, there's a bottle from Spier that I brought back. I'm holding onto it until I feel like drinking it, but it's going to be delicious. Maybe it'll be my Christmas dinner contribution.

Fairview makes the best white rock cheese with apricots. They also make one with cranberries. I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to get packages of the cheese home alive, so I settled for trying to find some here. And I found an English white cheese with cranberries, so I bought it. However, it lacks the sweetness of the Fairview cheese and instead, tasted almost too bitter for me. I'm going to have to be creative in my cranberry cheese applications now, as I have a rather large triangle of it and no particular inclination to devour it.

Things I bought yesterday: turkey. Sliced turkey breast. I have not seen any lunch meat that's not processed in three months, so it was a pleasure to open the container and taste pure turkey with black pepper. Mozarella. I have a feeling I'll never get away from this new love of cheese. Fruit. Cabbage. V8. This is heaven, really.

The call for coffee consumes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment